Terms and Conditions for Student Use of HCS HotSpot
Student Technology Enhancement Program (S.T.E.P.)
2018/2019 Terms and Conditions for Student Use of HCS HotSpot
HCS Parent/Guardian and Student agree to the following:
- In order to qualify for participation in this Program, a student must be enrolled with Huntsville City Schools (HCS) in the 3rd grade or higher.
The qualified HCS student may check out an HCS HotSpot through his/her school’s library media center.
- Upon check out, an HCS HotSpot is available for home (or mobile) use for a period not to exceed two (2) school days. An HCS HotSpot checked out on Friday will be due the next school day.
- HCS HotSpots will not be available for check out over extended school breaks (to include but not limited to Spring, Fall, and Winter Breaks)..
- The HCS student must return the complete unit consisting of one HCS 4G LTE HotSpot Z915 with SIM card, one 2-part power adapter (Micro to USB cord and ZTE wall plug/USB), and one designated carrying box.
- Only one (1) HCS HotSpot per student may be checked out at a time.
- In the event an HCS HotSpot is lost or stolen while assigned to an HCS student, the consenting parent/guardian (of the student to which the device was assigned) will be responsible for reimbursement of the cost of the HotSpot and/or related equipment. The cost of a HotSpot is $70.00. The cost of a power adapter is $10.00. Failure of payment may result in suspension of the user’s privilege of participation.
Misuse of or intentional damage to an HCS HotSpot (or other district property) may result in suspension of the user’s privilege of participation.
A Parent Consent Form must be signed each school year for the student to participate in the Program. Consent expires each school year on the HCS scheduled last student day.